Saturday, March 1, 2008

The O'Brien Collection


One of our great finds has been the photo archive kept by the Dr. William O'Brien family. Three of the late superintendent's children will be part of the film -- we have interviewed all three -- and we will use many of the family's photographs. This archive is a treasure, remarkably well photographed (Mom was the main person behind the camera) and vast (we have yet to scan everything). This great shot is a taste of what the family has so kindly provided us. Thanks to Sheila!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Depending on the year this photo was taken, the boy in the boy could be my father. : )

- Lynn (Denham) McGinn

Unknown said...

Dr. William O'Brien is my great-uncle... I've been searching for years to get in contact we members of my family from my gradmother (Kathryn O'Brien LaRose) side.