Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Idaho Springs



Idaho Springs, population 1,800 or so, a mining town that has fallen upon hard times. But it has this hardware store. And some geo-thermal caves with naturally hot mineral spring water you can bathe in for 20 bucks. I'm still haunted by the image of the naked fat man standing in the cave after I opened the wrong door....

But that was yesterday. Today was amazing. Terrific interviews, wonderful people, lots of great information, great photographs, and even some sanatorium film from the 1930s. Not to mention delicious vegetarian quesadillas at the National Jewish Hospital's cafeteria, a moment of silence at the Columbine memorial, an explanation of X-rays featuring diseased lungs, and an absolutely fantastic Italian meal with our new friend, Mike McPhee.

It doesn't get any better than this. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't wait for you to see this film.

--David

No comments: